Mystery of the number 7
7s surround us. There are 7 wonders in the world and there are 7 days in a week. There are also seven rainbow colors.
Scientists say that 7 represents non-cooperation. This means that the number is uncooperative. It is a prime number and can’t divide with anything except itself and one. The divisors sum does not come down to 7 like 6. 6 is a perfect number but seven is not.
The number seven has been seen in many religious texts, legends, and ancient myths. Its mention can be seen in the Qu’ran and the Old Testament. It also has connections with Greece, Babylon, and numerous other ancient civilizations. It has also been seen in the texts of the Rig Veda.
The influence of this number can, thus, be drawn out from the ancient times itself. It seems to have a kind of power over humanity through various sources. The number 7 has many links to spiritual pursuits, cultures, and religions.
If you think about Numerology, the number 7 is described as the seeker, the searcher of the truth, and the thinker. The number seven believes in seeing beyond the face and understanding the hidden truth. The number 7 comprehends the fact that face value is not everything and everything has a deeper meaning. It knows that the truth if often obscured behind a number of illusions. Spiritually, the number 7 is sacred and carries ‘the energy of the mystics’.
Here are a few popular facts about the number 7:
- The rainbow has seven colors.
- There are seven continents.
- On planet Earth there are seven seas.
- Every week has seven days.
- The Lotus flower on Buddha’s pedestal has 7 petals
- There are only 7 ancient sages or Saptarishi.
- In our solar system there are 7 physical planets that have influence over humanity.
- In the Bible you will read about 7 Seals and 7 Churches.
- It is believed that it took 7 days for God to create the world.
- You can also talk about the spirit of Yahweh and the 7 donations.
- The people of Israel mourned for 7 days.
- According to Egyptian Mythology there are 7 angels.
- In the Jordan, the leprous Naaman was cured after diving 7 times.
- When they tie the knot, couples take 7 steps around the fire to unite.
- It is believed that each person has six more look-alikes. That comes to a total of 7. The look-alikes can be anywhere in the world.
- Scientists found out many years ago that changes in human beings biologically occur in 7 years.
- When we talk about lives, we talk about 7 lives.
- Number 7 symbolizes eternal life in Egypt. It signifies a dynamic perfection or a complete cycle.